Share, Collaborate, Expedite and Save with ECM
Citizens depend on local government to oversee, maintain and develop the public infrastructure of the communities in which they live and work. But managing these assets – from street light maintenance to new building construction – requires coordination among multiple agencies and the storing, sharing, updating and retrieving of a variety of different document types.
In the paper world, this is a cumbersome, costly and inefficient process. Documents, such as records, plans, work orders, permits and GIS maps, stored in disparate data systems make information hard to access and share. And, when working with multiple iterations of a paper plans, it can be hard to know if you have the most up-to-date version. Added to that is the cost of the physical space needed to store large volumes of paper copies and the possibility that paper documents can be lost during transport. Each of these contributes to slow, inefficient processes that can impede and delay the progress of Public Works projects.
ImageSoft’s document and process management solution eliminates these and other obstacles of paper to provide an efficient, collaborative and productive environment for maintaining the public infrastructure. A comprehensive Electronic Content Management (ECM) system that works across departments, ImageSoft streamlines processes and puts documents in the hands of those who need them to improve productivity and efficiency.
A Paperless Public Works Environment
ImageSoft’s solution works by converting paper documents to digital documents and by storing all key components — CAD drawings, blueprints, contracts, photos, audio and video – in one central location, accessible to all. Our solution seamlessly integrates with your vital software applications, such as GIS maps, to link documents and drawings so that staff can quickly retrieve the information they need to get the job done – even from the field.
With an ImageSoft ECM Solution you can:
- Save staff time and reduce costs by eliminating paper and manual tasks such as photocopying, printing and filing
- Expedite processes with automated workflow to route documents to appropriate parties
- Provide a central repository to allow swift and simultaneous access to documents, photos, video, audio and other content by multiple parties
- Link key software applications, such as GIS, with documents for easy retrieval of critical documents, even in the field
- Eliminate lost documents and assure that the most current version is being used
- Enable staff to electronically access content and documents from the field with mobile or web-access
- Save, archive and secure documents without consuming valuable physical space
- Create efficiencies across departments and processes